Learn to make a beautiful pendant with a woodland flair. Whether you choose a sophisticated design with clean lines or prefer an organic feel, the addition of “lichen”, combined with pearls, stones or patina will make your piece unique. Bail design and construction will also be discussed.
Date: Saturday, August 15, 2020
Time: 1:30pm - 4:30pm (CST)
Instructor: Sulie Girardi
Skill Level: Beginner
Materials Kit: 20 g. fine silver metal clay, polishing kit.
- Basic metal clay tool kit :roller, 20 playing cards, scalpel/craft knife, small paintbrush, fluffy medium paintbrush, olive oil, plastic drinking straw, sanding sponges, toothpicks, flat working surface such as a tile. Optional: texture plates/rubber stamps, cookie cutters) Wire brush, steel or brass.
- Saranwrap/ cling film
- small cup of water
- Bail template if desired (I will demonstrate several styles of bail, with and without a template)
- Firing set-up (Butane torch with butane or Electric kiln, Soldering board or Fire brick, Fire tweezers
- Optional: tracing/embossing stylus (metal tool with a ball at both ends)
- Liver of sulfer patina gel if desired.
- Drying arrangement of choice: such as a mug warmer or food dehydrator. Additionally, a small box and hairdryer help to speed up drying after the initial drying phase.
- For the organic pendant: driftwood or other similar wood texture, silicone molding compound. (OR mold of wood, wood texture plate), large dowel or curved surface for doming a rectangle
- For the elegant pendant: template of choice, half-drilled pearls, glue such as E6000, silver wire or earring posts with disc, OR small fireable cubic zirconia stones if desired.