Take enamels to new heights with separation enamel. Through a series of layers and firing, students will learn to transform copper and transparent enamels.
Date: Friday, September 11, 2020, 1:30pm - 3:30pm (CST)
Instructor: Kieu Pham Gray
Skill Level: Intermediate, basic understanding of enameling.
Materials Kit: will provide enough materials for several pendants (Copper stock, vintage pieces, chain, separation enamel, vintage brass stampings.)
• Flat nose pliers
• Chain nose pliers
• Metal Shears
• Metal Student files
• Bench block
• Rawhide mallet or nylon mallet
• Firing set-up (torch, tripod with mesh, solder board, fire tweezers)
• #2 paint brush
• 5 pages of any magazine
• Fine Tweezers
• Metal hole punch at least 2mm or larger
• Enamel set up (Penny brite, trivet, sifter, holding agent (Klyr Fire), alundum stone (optional))
• A variety of enamel color opaque AND transparent. If you do not have enamels consider ordering a color kit.