How it Works
Do you like mysteries or surprises? If you do, this is the perfect project for you. Here is how it will work:
* Once a week I will show a few steps so we can build it together until the project is complete. You will have a week in between the steps to keep up. Your first clue will be upon arrival of your kit and over the course of three weeks the surprise will be revealed.
*You will need to have some silver soldering knowledge.
*Purchase a “surprise” kit – Every project will have its own flare and will be provided in two options to meet everyone’s budget. And as always, a little extra material will be provided just in case.
PROJECT: Over the Top
Are you ready to take a challenge? Lets pick up the pace with this second Step by Step project. You might be able to guess what the project will be upon arrival, but you will definitely be more impressed with the end result.
Skill Level: Beginner
QTalk Live on FB Session: 2 session, Wednesdays - June 3 & 10, 1pm
Option 1: Sterling Silver stock, semi-precious stone (choice of 3 colors pink amethyst, green amethyst or black rutilated quartz), and a contrasting stone embellishment .
Option 2: Copper Stock, semi-precious stone (choice of 3 colors pink amethyst, green amethyst or black rutilated quartz), sterling silver embellishment (choosing this option will preclude you from stone setting step).
*You will need the following tools to complete the project.
- Heavy duty side cutters
- Flat nose or parallel pliers
- Round nose pliers
- Side cutters
- Needle files
- Curved burnisher (for silver kit)
- Sharpie, fine tip
- Jeweler’s saw, 2/o saw blades, cut lube
- Bench block
- Chasing hammer
- Rawhide/Leather Mallet
- Metal files
- Bench pin
- Magnifying glasses and Ott light as needed
- Solder set up http://www.theurbanbeader.com/solderkit/