How it Works
Do you like mysteries or surprises? If you do, this is the perfect project for you. Here is how it will work:
* Once a week I will show a few steps so we can build it together until the project is complete. You will have a week in between the steps to keep up. Your first clue will be upon arrival of your kit and over the course of three weeks the surprise will be revealed.
*You will need to have some silver soldering knowledge.
*Purchase a “surprise” kit – Every project will have its own flare and will be provided in two options to meet everyone’s budget. And as always, a little extra material will be provided just in case.
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
QTalk Live on FB Session: 2 session, Wednesdays - June 17 & 24, 1pm
This is the third project in the Step by Step Surpise series. We started slow with the first project, we stepped it up on the second, now we are going to dial back just a step and work on fine tuning your soldering skills. Take a leap and join me on this new adventure.
Option 1: Sterling Silver stock
Option 2: Copper Stock with sterling silver embellishment
Both options will include written instructions.
*You will need the following tools to complete the project.
- Heavy duty side cutters
- Side cutters (flush preferred)
- Chain nose pliers x2
- Needle files
- Bench block
- Multi-looping pliers
- Square Acculoop pliers or square bezel mandrel
- Round bezel mandrel or 3/8" dowel rod
- Rawhide/Leather mallet
- Flex shaft or wire twister (optional)
- Chasing hammer (optional)
- Solder set up http://www.theurbanbeader.com/solderkit/
- Fine Tweezers (optional)
- Ring mandrel or 5/8” wood dowel
- Liver of sulfur for copper or Blackmax for silver