Class will be conducted via Zoom
Description:Make a beautiful pendant that features a Tree of Life in a frame. Modern and sleek, or adorned with leaves: you choose which gemstones to incorporate, as well as the shape of your pendant and your tree branches. Just like in nature, no two trees will be the same!
Materials included in price: 10 g fine silver metal clay, metal clay paste as needed. 5 fireable gemstones, colorway to be arranged with instructor.
Date: Friday, January 15, 2021
Time: 2 - 5pm (EST)
Instructor: Sulie Girardi
Skill Level: Intermediate
- Basic Metal clay tool kit
- roller, 10 playing cards, scalpel, tissue blade, fine paintbrush, fluffy paintbrush, sanding sponges and straight salon boards (nail file) of different grits, cup of water, cup of olive oil, piece of saran wrap/cling film.
- Drying set up, such as a mug warmer, food dehydrator or kitchen oven.
- Brass or steel brush
- Texture mats if desired
- Fine tweezers
- Small piece of glass or acrylic
- Toothpick or needle tool
- Small molds or shotplates (optional)
- Set of graduated tube cutters, from approx. 4mm to 10mm
- Shape template with the same shape in various sizes, or graduated cookie cutters
- Firing set up: an electric kiln OR