Skill Level: Confident Beginner - Intermediate (ring making skills helpful)
QTalk Live on FB Session: 2 session, Wednesdays - Aug 26 & Sept. 21pm
This is the seventh project in the Step by Step Surprise series. Every project has had its own twist, while this one will have its own “turn”. Take a leap of faith and see what it is all about.
Materials will include sterling silver stock and semi-precious stone.
Kits ordered after Aug. 23rd will require a 2 week delivery.
*You will need the following tools to complete the project.
• Flush cutters (ultra preferred)
• Flat nose pliers
• Chain nose pliers
• Round nose pliers
• Multi-looping pliers
• Heavy duty side cutters
• Nylon nose pliers (optional)
• Metal Student files
• Bench block
• Rawhide mallet
• Fine tweezers
• Steel ring mandrel
• Flex shaft or pin vise
• Wood ring mandrel
• Chasing hammer
• Solder set up
• Silver solder paste
• Center punch (self-tapping preffered)
• Horned anvil (optional but will make your life easier)
**If you are in need of tools listed, please reach out to us for special orders.**
How it Works
Do you like mysteries or surprises? If you do, this is the perfect project for you. Here is how it will work:
* Once a week I will show a few steps so we can build it together unil the project is complete. You will have a week in between the steps to keep up. Your first clue will be upon arrival of your kit and over the course of three weeks the surprise will be revealed. Some projects will be a single session while others will be presented over multiple sessions.
*You will need to have some silver soldering knowledge.
*Purchase a “surprise” kit – Every project will have its own flare. As always, a little extra material will be provided just in case.