Skill Level: Confident Beginner
QTalk Live on FB Session: 3 session, Wednesdays - Sept. 9, 16 & 23, 1pm EST
PROJECT: Cold Cuts
This is the eigth project in the Step by Step Surprise series. Every project has had its own twist, this one won't leave you out in the cold. Take a leap of faith and see what it is all about.
Option 1: Copper wtih silver accents, choice of cabochon.
Options 2: Copper wtih brass accents. choice of cabochon.
Kits will start shipping Sept. 2.
*You will need the following tools to complete the project.
• Flush cutters (ultra preferred)
• Chain nose pliers
• Flat nose pliers
• Sharpie, fine tip
• Multi-Looping pliers
• Divider (optional, but helpful)
• Curved burnisher
• Two hole draw-down punch
• Heavy duty side cutters
• Nylon nose pliers (optional)
• Metal Student files
• Bench block
• Rawhide mallet
• Fine tweezers
• Bench pin
• Jewelers' saw & 2/o saw blades, cut lube
• Chasing hammer (optional)
• Riveting hammer
• Center punch (self-tapping preffered)
• Dimpler (optional)
How it Works
Do you like mysteries or surprises? If you do, this is the perfect project for you. Here is how it will work:
* Once a week I will show a few steps so we can build it together unil the project is complete. You will have a week in between the steps to keep up. Your first clue will be upon arrival of your kit and over the course of three weeks the surprise will be revealed. Some projects will be a single session while others will be presented over multiple sessions.
*You will need to have some silver soldering knowledge.
*Purchase a “surprise” kit – Every project will have its own flare. As always, a little extra material will be provided just in case.