Skill Level: Confident Beginner
QTalk Live on FB Session: 1 session, Wednesday- Dec. 2, 1pm EST
PROJECT: Departure 2: Ornamental
This is the tenth project in the Step by Step Surprise series and the second one that won't be wearable. Every project has had its own twist, this one will be a departure from jewelry making. Take a leap of faith and see what it is all about.
Copper is the only option for this project. If you would like to purchase more than one extra kit, please reach out to us. Thanks.
*You will need the following tools to complete the project.
• Flush cutters (ultra preferred)
• Chain nose pliers
• Sharpie, fine tip
• Divider (optional, but helpful)
• Metal Ruler
• Liver of Sulfur
• Nylon nose pliers (optional)
• Needle Files
• Bench block
• Rawhide mallet
• Fine tweezers
• Hand punch, 1.5mm or 1.8mm
• Copper solder paste
• Solder set up
How it Works
Do you like mysteries or surprises? If you do, this is the perfect project for you. Here is how it will work:
* Once a week I will show a few steps so we can build it together unil the project is complete. You will have a week in between the steps to keep up. Your first clue will be upon arrival of your kit and over the course of three weeks the surprise will be revealed. Some projects will be a single session while others will be presented over multiple sessions.
*You will need to have some silver soldering knowledge.
*Purchase a “surprise” kit – Every project will have its own flare. As always, a little extra material will be provided just in case.